Sunday 20 July 2008

Heringa/Van Kalsbeek



Sculptures by a Dutch artist duo Heringa / Van Kalsbeek I saw in Stedelijk Museum in Amsterdam. We actually went to see an Andy Warhol exhibition and just thought we'd see this one aswell because we still had some time and in the end I thought this exhibition was so much more interesting. These photos are of the same sculpture! The artists have said that hey get most of their inspiration from the unpredictability of nature. They use a mixture of materials like porcelain, artificial resin and feathers. I really like the complexity of their work, I could have looked at a sculpture for a long time and still be able to find a new interesting detail. Even though some of the sculptures are a little chaotic they are carefully planned in advance. I like it that they almost look like they're moving! More sculptures here.

No comments: