Saturday 20 September 2008

A Book of Wonder


This is one of those books you really don't need but it's so nice to have on the shelf! I like the typeface on the glittery cover but it's very hard to read except from a certain angle! A Book of Wonder is a kind of illustrated encyclopedia of collected wonders of the world. People from the UK and around the world wrote things that they think are somehow amazing or wonderful. The book was designed by graphic design studio Kerr Noble and I think they did a fantastic job. I especially like the decorative drop capitals at the start of each section and the almost childlike doodles by James and James. I love how random the things are that people have come up with for the book! 

For example:

  Bunny. When I am on the train on my way to work I know it's going to be a good day if I see a bunny in the field. Holly, recruitment consultant, London. 

Sea Horses. The only species that I know of where the male becomes pregnant. Debbie Roberts, helpdesk administrator, Leicester.

Wine. Glug, glug, glug. Oliver Reynolds, amateur viticulturalist, London.

No comments: